Israel Hanukoglu, Ph. D.
Laboratory of Cell Biology
Faculty of Natural Sciences
Ariel 40700, Israel
Home page of the Laboratory of Israel Hanukoglu
Our laboratory works mostly with molecular biology techniques on the following subjects:
- Protein and enzyme engineering employing techniques of molecular biology. Structure-function analysis of protein and enzyme structure.
- Structure-function relationships in Epithelial Sodium Channels (ENaC) that regulate blood volume and blood-pressure.
- Intracellular trafficking of ENaC subunits in Xenopus oocytes and epithelial cells.
- Molecular genetics of mineralocorticoid hormone unresponsiveness (pseudohypoaldosteronism) caused by mutations in epithelial sodium channel (ENaC) subunit genes.
- Structure-function analysis of mitochondrial cytochrome P450 system electron transport enzymes involved in steroid hormone biosynthesis (steroidogenesis).
For further information please check our list of publications. Reprints of many articles are available online.
Thank you for your interest.
Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology