To request a link on the IST, please use the online contact form. Link requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis according to the following guidelines.
Commercial company websites that are submitted for inclusion in the Israel Science and Technology (IST) Directory will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- The company directories of IST are limited to companies that have an office in Israel. The web site should provide a physical address and phone number in Israel.
- The company's activities are within the scope of the IST subjects.
- The website has to have at least some pages in English describing the major business of the company. This condition may be waived for some subjects limited to Israel.
- The website of the company must be associated with a specific domain name. Website address that is hosted as a subdomain will not be accepted.
- Site text is presented mainly as text in HTML and not in images or Flash technology.
- The opening home page should not be produced by Flash technology.
- In addition to the above criteria, we recommend that sites should try to follow the general design recommendations listed below.
We check basic information about the reliability of each website. But if you encounter a problematic link listed in the IST directory please report it using the contact form. Each comment is seriously examined. Reasons for excluding a site include unreliable information and inappropriate content
General Design Recommendations
- The validity of the HTML code of the site pages should be checked using an HTML validator.
- Names of site pages should follow a standard such as recommendations for Organizational URI's.
- Website should not include links to pages that have an "Under construction" notice. An incomplete page simply should not be included in the website!
- Site pages should not launch multiple secondary windows.
We reserve the right to add or change criteria for inclusion in the database.