Institutions of higher education in Israel that can confer an academic degree are classified into three major groups by the Council for Higher Education:
- Universities and Institutes with doctoral degree programs
- Academic and Regional colleges with undergraduate degree programs
- Teacher Training Colleges - Colleges of Education that grant B. Ed. degree
Academic degrees require at least three years of education. Engineering degree programs require four years of education.
In addition to the institutions that grant academic degrees, there are two year colleges that can grant practical engineering degrees. In Hebrew these degrees are called Handasaim (הנדסאים).
- List of accredited degree programs: Council for Higher Education (Hebrew only)
- Yeshivot: Post-high-school Jewish education programs
Academic and Regional Colleges
Click a column heading to re-sort the list.