Institutions of higher education in Israel that can confer an academic degree are classified into three major groups by the Council for Higher Education:
- Universities and Institutes with doctoral degree programs
- Academic and Regional colleges with undergraduate degree programs
- Colleges of Education that grant B.Ed. degree in teacher training.
Academic degrees require at least three years of education.
Engineering degree programs require four years of education.
In addition to the institutions that grant academic degrees, there are colleges that can grant practical engineering degrees in two years. In Hebrew, these degrees are called Handasaim (הנדסאים).
- List of accredited degree programs: Council for Higher Education (Hebrew only)
- Yeshivot: Post-high-school Jewish education programs