Passover (in Hebrew Pesach- פסח) is a 7-day holiday that commemorates the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt under the leadership of Moses. The story of this historical event is written in the Book of Exodus of the Bible.
Passover starts on the 15th day of the Hebrew month Nisan. Like all Jewish holidays, Passover begins on the evening of the previous day (Nisan 14). It ends on the evening of Nisan 21.
- And this day shall be unto you for a memorial, and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD; throughout your generations ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever.
- Seven days shall ye eat unleavened bread; howbeit the first day ye shall put away leaven out of your houses; for whosoever eateth leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day, that soul shall be cut off from Israel.
- And in the first day there shall be to you a holy convocation, and in the seventh day a holy convocation; no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man must eat, that only may be done by you.
- And ye shall observe the feast of unleavened bread; for in this selfsame day have I brought your hosts out of the land of Egypt; therefore shall ye observe this day throughout your generations by an ordinance for ever.
- In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at even, ye shall eat unleavened bread, until the one and twentieth day of the month at even.
- Seven days shall there be no leaven found in your houses; for whosoever eateth that which is leavened, that soul shall be cut off from the congregation of Israel, whether he be a sojourner, or one that is born in the land.
- Ye shall eat nothing leavened; in all your habitations shall ye eat unleavened bread.
Videos and resources
- PM Netanyahu's Passover Greeting to the Jewish People Around the World, April 8, 2020
- President Donald J. Trump's 2020 Passover Message at The White House
- Pesach Seder
- President Trump's Passover wishes - 2019
- A Passover Message from the White House (PARODY!)
- Maccabeats - Mah nishtanah haLayla haze
- Seder Pesach with Robots
- Passover Songs Mashup - Elliot Dvorin, Key Tov Orchestra
- Passover websites