November 1, 2023
Our article entitled "Mapping the cytoskeletal architecture of renal tubules and surrounding peritubular capillaries in the kidney" has been accepted for publication in Cytoskeleton.
In this study, we show that the entire architecture of kidney sections (produced by stitching together >1000 images in tile-scan mode) can be visualized without gaps using two markers: fluorescent F-actin binding phalloidin for the visualization of renal tubules and endothelia-specific CD34 to identify capillaries.
March 31, 2022 - Top Cited Article
I received a notice from Wiley Press that our paper published in Molecular Reproduction and Development is a Top Cited Article for 2020-2021 (Citation data from Clarivate).
Congratulations to my Ph.D. students, Sachin Sharma and Girish Kumaran.
February-March, 2020 - Our papers selected for journal cover images
Within two months (February-March, 2020), two of our articles have been independently selected to be featured on the cover of two great journals.
|Classification of epithelial cells in nephron segments by actin cytoskeleton patterns. |
FEBS J 287:1176-1194, 2020.
|High-resolution imaging of the actin cytoskeleton and epithelial sodium channel (ENaC), CFTR and aquaporin-9 localization in the vas deferens.|
Mol. Reprod. Dev. 87:305-319, 2020.
Our laboratory works mostly with molecular biology techniques on the following subjects:
- Protein and enzyme engineering employing techniques of molecular biology. Structure-function analysis of protein and enzyme structure.
- Structure-function relationships in Epithelial Sodium Channels (ENaC) that regulate blood volume and blood-pressure.
- Mapping sites of localization of ENaC and CFTR in epithelial tissues, using confocal microscopy.
- Intracellular trafficking of ENaC subunits in Xenopus oocytes and epithelial cells.
- Molecular genetics of mineralocorticoid hormone unresponsiveness (pseudohypoaldosteronism) caused by mutations in epithelial sodium channel (ENaC) subunit genes.
- Structure-function analysis of mitochondrial cytochrome P450 system electron transport enzymes involved in steroid hormone biosynthesis (steroidogenesis).
WATCH recent videos:
- A video of our recent work on the sodium channels in the sweat glands of human skin.
- מבנה תלת ממדי של צינורית של בלוטת זעה שמכוסה בתעלות נתרן
For further information please check our list of publications. Reprints of most articles are available online.
Thank you for your interest.
Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Social network profiles
COVID-19 Statistics in Israel
On the following pages I maintain charts with daily statistics of COVID-19 infection in Israel: