Our laboratory works mostly with molecular biology techniques on the following subjects:
- Protein and enzyme engineering employing techniques of molecular biology. Structure-function analysis of protein and enzyme structure.
- Structure-function relationships in Epithelial Sodium Channels (ENaC) that regulate blood volume and blood-pressure.
- Mapping sites of localization of ENaC and CFTR in epithelial tissues, using confocal microscopy.
- Intracellular trafficking of ENaC subunits in Xenopus oocytes and epithelial cells.
- Molecular genetics of mineralocorticoid hormone unresponsiveness (pseudohypoaldosteronism) caused by mutations in epithelial sodium channel (ENaC) subunit genes.
- Structure-function analysis of mitochondrial cytochrome P450 system electron transport enzymes involved in steroid hormone biosynthesis (steroidogenesis).
WATCH recent videos:
- A video of our recent work on the sodium channels in the sweat glands of human skin.
- מבנה תלת ממדי של צינורית של בלוטת זעה שמכוסה בתעלות נתרן
For further information please check our list of publications. Reprints of most articles are available online.
Thank you for your interest.
Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology